Monday, December 14, 2009

Hard times make us stronger!

Wow what a week... It has been a whirlwind. I am SO thankful to have family and friends that are supporting us right now. I don't know if we could have made it through this week by ourselves. Long story and don't want to post it public... but finally this weekend we had no stress. None, it was like last week never happened so it was great! We just relaxed with the kids this weekend and played! London is finally walking and I swear kayge grows an inch every couple days. The kids love being together and London just follows Kayge around like his sidekick. Kayge seems really happy to be with us and always tells us he loves us. It is amazing how intuitive a (almost) 3year old can be. They know when they are loved and taken care of and are appreciative. Well to the good stuff! Kayge, London, and I made yummy pumpkin bread this weekend! Kayge loved licking the spatula and loved mixing the eggs in. I was pretending to crack the eggs on his head and he would laugh and laugh. London laughed just because we were! She tends to copy her brother. :) We took the bread over to scottie and brandy's, one of our friends, their son had surgery that day so we thought we would take him something warm to cheer him up! Yesterday I was making neighbor Christmas gifts and Kayge and I were dipping pretzels (Dad was helping by taste testing them!) Kayges job was to do the sprinkles!!! Ha Ha the funniest thing I have ever seen! My kitchen was COVERED in red and green sprinkles. We have been working on his colors because everything to him is blue. So I would ask him to put red on first or green. He was starting to get it and he was very happy with himself. Last night we went for a drive to look at Christmas lights and just to get out. We didn't see anything amazing until we drove down our street to go home and we pulled in our driveway. :) ha ha Brandon did a wonderful job with our lights... I may be a little bias. Sorry :) We put the kids to bed and were going to go to bed but I got this great idea. Brandon had been pickin on me all day throwing snowballs and stuff and the old snow down the shirt trick so I figured a little payback was in store for him. So I told him I wanted to go build a snowman (which I did). So we got all dressed up in our snow gear. Holy Cow we had the fattest ugliest snowman ever made! We gave up and made a awesome slide for the kids (which we of course tested out for safety :).) I think Kayge and London will love it. We were done with that and Brandon got that look in his eyes like he was going to throw a snowball so I ran! and guess what! He tackled me! In the snow! He thought that was pretty funny, which it was. I ran and tackled him and he went face first into the snow. That is probably the only time I will ever take him down so I am going to enjoy my glory. I was laughing so hard. It was a much needed break from life. I am so thankful my husband isn't too cool to go play in the snow with me. :) Well I hope all is well with everyone, again thank you for all the support and love that has been shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment