Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Trust

Trust is something that is earned. I trust very few people in my life. That is the way I have always been. I have been burned too many times to let people get close. It is unfortunate that sometimes people cannot appreciate who you are. We are all different. We all have our strengths and weaknesses. That is life. That is how we are supposed to be made. I know I have made my own mistakes and hurt people around me, but that doesn't give someone the right to hurt me. My feelings are valid. I am a person who deserves to be respected just like everyone else. I am a good mom, a good wife, a good friend, or so I thought. I guess it is all in your perspective of what is perfect. I don't want to be perfect I want to be allowed room to find myself. I am who I am. Please appreciate it. I have dedicated every part of my life to my children, my husband, my job to everyone else but me. I think that is why I have felt like I get nothing accomplished and no one is happy because I haven't made myself happy. I believe happiness starts in yourself and it radiates. I am going to stop and smell the roses a little more. Enjoy a bubble bath. Spend time with the ones I love. And be who I am. I have been hurt but I will grow from this. I will become a stronger more independent woman. I hope this will help my relationships with people around me to grow positively. If I believe in myself I will know what the right choice is. I think everyone needs a little boost in self confidence. I think instead of letting this experience bring me down I am going to embrace it. That is all I can do. The past is the past. Everyone remember trust is earned not just handed out, so be careful the bridges that you burn you can't change the past.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this Jen - I needed to hear this more than anything right now. We are a lot more alike than I thought - love ya =) and lemme know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are the most amazing mother and wife and Friend!! i love you so much life is crazy and not what we expect but always remember who you are and what you believe!! And yes you do need to have more you time! your such a caring and loving person you forget about you!!! we are having a girls day of pampering and shopping!!! I won't take no for an answer!!ANd it will be fun MY treat!! im way older than you so you have to say yes!! I love you Jen and keep smiling your beautiful smile and stay confident and know you are a strong amazing woman!! And plus tomorrow is a whole new day!! love you

    ReplyDelete