Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The past is the past

Sometimes we all get swept up in the never ending cycle of life. It's work, home, dinner, laundry, and bed. Then we do it all over the next morning. We need to take a step back and remember what is important like doing something for someone else, loving each other, and being grateful for everything we have achieved as a couple and family. Life gets hard, and we will always have our own life struggles. I found that when I point a finger at the problems other people have caused me, I need to point one right back at me. I need to look at what I am doing and how I am reacting. Life is what you make of it. We will always be given trials to work through. We can look at them as burdens or growing experiences. I realize that I cannot change the past, but I need to embrace it because it makes us who we are. We only have one shot at life. One chance to be a good wife, mother, friend, and person. The people that are remembered and loved are the ones that made a positive impact in life. I have had the wrong attitude about a lot of things. I regret the hurt I have caused other people. For those of you who I have hurt with my selfishness I am truly sorry. It took me taking a step back and criticizing myself instead of everyone else to realize the kind of person I had become. I am looking forward to having a new outlook on life. It is a gift we have been given and we need to make the most of it.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Jen.. I just love you! I'm so grateful for your friendship, you are such an awesome person! Thanks for the talk last week =) even though it was you asking for advice, it helped me so much as well! love ya girl!!!

    ReplyDelete