Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Loss

I don't understand how a life can be taken so suddenly and swiftly. Regardless if you know them personally, or just by a wave on the street it affects you. Brandon and his family have lost a dear friend and wonderful woman. They always say a smile and a positive attitude will go on forever. This is so true. She was positive, involved, and so happy. I don't know if we can ever accept death as something that just happens. A very dear friend put it into perspective for me when I was questioning why. She said "She was needed in heaven more then she was needed here." I needed to hear that. She always had a wave and smile for us. She always asked how our kids were doing and how we were doing. She was involved in church and the community. Always giving to those around her. My heart goes out to the family and her husband for their loss. One day everything in life will make perfect sense. I am thankful that I have the gospel in my heart to understand things a little better. I know she is smiling down on us today and wishing away all the sorrow. She is happy and she is helping to build the kingdom for the rest of us to join.

2 comments:

  1. Dianne was a great lady, she will be missed by many in her ward, community and family. She had a light about her that others recognized quickly - my heart goes out to her family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is great advice, and helps ease the mind a bit. ;) They are truely such a great family. And the funeral was so spiritual. I've never left a funeral feeling SO uplifted. It was amazing.

    ReplyDelete